Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Feb. 23 - Loving Others

(submitted by Chris Mullenhour)

KEY TEXT: Philippians 2:2-4, 4:9

THOUGHTS:
God has been showing me the importance of relationships when it comes to sharing Jesus with others. Have you ever gone up to a stranger and tried to tell them about your faith? If you haven’t, can you imagine what it would be like? I’ve never tried it, and I can’t even imagine how I would go about doing it.

Now imagine that you are that stranger. An unknown believer comes up to you and starts talking to you about Jesus Christ. Would you feel like they are an encyclopedia salesman trying to sell you something you’ll never use? Would you feel like someone was trying to take your money by getting you involved in the latest pyramid scheme?

So how do we go about showing others what we have experienced and the gift we received by accepting Jesus Christ? How do we get someone to see that our heart and intentions are pure?

I believe it’s by building a relationship with that person. Getting to really know that person and letting them get to know you. I’m pretty sure that every one of us already has a good relationship with a non-believer. It may be a family member, a co-worker or a friend. I can think of a couple people in my life that don’t know Jesus Christ. What have I done about it? Nothing. And I feel ashamed for it. What is holding me back? What is my level of care for these people if I don’t share with them. I have the perfect tool to love them to God and I am wasting it…. our friendship. For so long, I’ve been trying to figure out how I can reach non-believers. God told me to just open my eyes, I already love them. Now invite them.

I pray that God will give me the strength and wisdom to do what He made me to do. And I pray the same for you.

No comments:

Counter