Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April 2 - Journeying Through the Wilderness

(submitted by Chuck Price)

“I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13

The Christian life is not always a mountain top experience of continuous fellowship and amazing spiritual insight. In fact on our journey with the Lord, there are times when it seems that we are simply wandering around in the desert.

This can be particularly true when we are perplexed by difficult circumstances, feel betrayed in unexpected ways by trusted friends, or we are confronted with the reality of our own failings and previous wrong choices. And sometimes life is just hard.

That is when we are the most vulnerable because Satan, the enemy of our souls, wants us to doubt God by getting us to feel isolated and alone. King David certainly understood those times and he knew the importance of honestly processing his emotions in light of the truth of the Trustworthiness of God.

Psalm 27 is really a song of trust in God. In my Bible the subtitle of the Psalm says: “A Psalm of Fearless Trust in God.” And as I have read and mediated on this passage during those seasons of my life when I feel like I am wandering in the wilderness I am drawn to an overwhelming sense of worship because I am reminded of the goodness of God.

God is good! And His goodness is there for me no matter what I am feeling at the moment.

But lest we forget, at the end of this wonderful “song of trust” the writer concludes with a strong admonishment to trust the Lord. Psalm 27:14; “Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.”

No comments:

Counter