Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Bienvenido

Welcome to our world in Tijuana! Me (Dan), Zach and Laura safely arrived this afternoon into San Diego and drove through the ritzy, Hollister-clad city of the Padres, past the numerous naval yards and into the multi-colored world of Tijuana. The first thing I always notice is sight. The yellow facades...the bright blue churches...the red political signs are just everywhere. It truly is a world that is foreign to this suburban boy, but one that has and I pray, will bring more color into my life and into my world.

Zach's Thoughts:
Everything here is pink. The walls, the ceilings, I even noticed that someone had painted a tree pink. It is driving me nuts seeing within 100 ft. of each other, the huge buildings of San Diego, and then the little fenced in buildings of Tijuana...thats all for now.

Laura's turn -
I found out that Zach sleeps A LOT! On a more serious note. I liked seeing how much things have changed since last year. Every thing looks different, and I'm noticing things that I didn't notice before. I still can't believe how happy these kids are...they are most likely 10x happier than I am, and I have 10x more things then they do. That's all really.

We'll try to share our thoughts daily and add some pics tomorrow and then when the BIG group arrives on Wednesday, I'll update it when I can.

Dan and Crew

2 comments:

DG said...

I'm glad everyone arrived there safely!!!

I missed you in church today Laura.

We love you!!

Have a great experience!!

Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I hope you havea great time Laura. They are surely lucky to have someone like you there to brighten their world!

I'm proud of you!

Aunt Michele

Counter