Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday Thoughts...From Chris Mullenhour




Time has been absolutely flying by. First I would like to tell you what some of us have been working on. Kent VanFossen, Jacob Ditmer and I had the privilege to work with a group from Monroe, OH and another gentlemen (Alen) on installing solar panels for the new orphanage in Rosarito. We had to climb up onto a sloped structure and install 6 panels, then a seventh on another building and and an eighth panel above the kitchen to power the freezer and fridge. It tested us physically and mentally. But we were able to get it all done in 2 days and the new orphanage was able to use the power from the solar panels yesterday. They turned off their diesel generator and let the sun power take care of them. It was awesome. I hear that it is pretty rare for a project to be started and completed to where we can see it's benefits immediately. So we are very blessed to see that complete. God is so good. Watching all the different projects being worked on and completed has been rewarding, but watching and experiencing what God is doing in each of us here is nothing but miraculous. It is amazing what changes in you when you get away from you everyday life and go somewhere just to serve them. I feel like there are no issues in my life right now. I know they will return when I return home. But why? Why can I live here not worrying about work, providing for my family, what's on tv tonight, but I can't do that at home? That's something for me and everyone else here to figure out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to hear how everything is going! thanks for the post Chris. great pic of Kenzie, tell her hi and I'm so proud of her. More pics and more thoughts--keep um coming. We miss you all and are praying for you all. love, abels

Traci said...

Every one of you are doing incredible things for your new friends! It has to be such a rewarding feeling. Time at home home seems to be dragging on VERY slowly without you here, but I know God is at work!

Love ya,
Traci

Traci said...

I am very proud to be the mother of one of the members of the group. It was great to hear how some of the kids are contributing and what they are acheiving. Is it possible to have a little insight as to what each camper has been involved in? Just a little glimpse...I would be so appreciative. Keep letting God's light shine through each of you!!

Love and prayers,
Traci

Counter