Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Friday, March 9, 2007

March 16 - Phil 4:6

(submitted by Eileen Hix)

Have you ever wanted to help someone? Not just wanted to help but felt overwhelmingly that you could do something, anything to help? Then you find out that you can’t. What a feeling of helplessness.

I often think that God can use me to help and that is great but sometimes God needs me to pray and leave it all up to Him. Is God asking you to pray and let Him help? Is he asking you to get out of the way and let him perform His Miracle?

Philippians 4:6 says Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.

Paul is saying that we have to turn it all over to Him - to let our problems be His problem! How big is our God that he is able to take our problems-all of them.

Sometimes it is hard for us to give it over to God but I know he could handle all of it! But then what do I do? What is my part of the problem? Aha my part is to pray, my part is to learn to sit in that place where I can really leave it in his hands. I am not good at sitting and sitting quietly is an effort. Wow what a peace to find when you really wait in that quiet time.

A peace that transcends all understanding.

No comments:

Counter