Life Together

We realize that our lives are enriched as we draw near to God together. So, please post your comments, prayers, reflections and thoughts after the readings. Use this for your devotions, pray for the author or send to a friend who is disheartened. We'll use the golden rule to edit/remove all posts and comments but please feel free to engage in the Journey On Conversation.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March 29 - The Table is Set

(submitted by Paul Hohlbein)

“You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies: you have anointed my head with oil, my cup overflows.” Psalm 23:5

How real this scripture becomes to me when I think of Christ on the cross. On either side of Him, were bad men. One doubted who Jesus said He was and challenged His authority. The other, in the presence of the “enemy” of death, called out to Jesus and He invited him to the “table of Heaven.”

I often ask myself if I really understand what Christ has done for me. Do I really understand the price He paid? He won for you, for me, the ultimate victory. At all times, in all situations, whether with friend or foe, God’s table is always set - prepared for us to dine with Him and taste the glory of the victory He won on the cross.

Dear God, may we all embrace your goodness. May we embrace this season the total victory Jesus Christ has won for us. May we dine with the Master and experience His marvelous grace.

No comments:

Counter